New Year’s Eve Safety Tips
Posted on Thursday, December 29th, 2016
New Year’s Eve is a time for celebration and parties with friends or family. While many intend on bringing in the new year with celebration, the possibility of trouble is far off. While most will do what they can to make New Year’s Eve a wonderful night to remember, others seem to be determined on making the memory a little more tragic by causing trouble or driving drunk.
Every year, there are a significant amount of people who drive drunk, which increases the amount of auto accident fatalities more any other time of the year. In fact, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), “on average, over 10,000 people have died each year (2010 to 2014) in drunk-driving crashes” (nhtsa.gov, 2016). Even with these statistics, people still overindulge in alcohol and still get behind the wheel.
At Amerio Law Firm in Sacramento, we’ve seen many forms of legal trouble evolve from the actions one takes on this day. Whether the legal assistance you need is for a personal injury claim, a wrongful death lawsuit, or a DUI defense, the attorneys at Amerio Law Firm are here to help. If you’ve found yourself in need of legal representation, call the attorneys of Amerio Law Firm in Sacramento at (916) 419-1111 to schedule an appointment for a free consultation today.
By not ensuring the safety of yourself and others around you during this night, you put yourself at a higher risk of the biggest dangers surrounding this holiday. If you intend on joining the festivities this year, we’d like you to remember a few pieces of advice that will help keep you and your friends safe.
- DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE!
- Make sure to have a designated driver. Uber, Lyft, and all taxi services will be in full force that night, so make sure to have a few options.
- If you do drink, pace yourself and drink one glass of water between strong drinks.
- With champagne, make sure to point the bottle at 45-degree angle away from guests.
- Have a full and filling dinner before going out. This will help absorb the alcohol.
- If you are going to the club or bar, be wary of your drink and don’t lose track of it (this goes for both men and women).
- Go out with a group, don’t go out alone.
From all of us at Amerio Law Firm, we would like to wish you all a safe and eventful New Year’s celebration. Remember, if you’ve found yourself in need of legal representation, call the attorneys of Amerio Law Firm in Sacramento at (916) 419-1111 to schedule an appointment for a free consultation right away.