Sacramento Road Defect Lawyers
If you were injured or if your car was damaged because of poor road conditions, Amerio Law Firm can help you get the compensation that you are rightfully owed. With so many people on the road, road conditions have to be properly maintained in order to keep all drivers safe. If this is not done, it can lead to serious injuries or damage to your vehicle in the event of an accident.
Road defects like street damage, potholes, or other unexpected conditions like uneven paving can result in serious car accidents that can lead to devastating injuries to unsuspecting and innocent victims. Road defects are often caused by the negligence or carelessness of a local or state government. While you are eligible for compensation for your injuries, pursuing a lawsuit against such a powerful party can be difficult. That’s why you need Amerio Law Firm on your side. To discuss your legal options after a road defect accident in Sacramento, contact us today at (916) 419-1111.
Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
If you have been in a car accident caused by a road defect, you are likely suffering from serious injuries and may be in a challenging financial situation. The party responsible for your injuries may owe you compensation, but it isn’t always easy to obtain. In order to get compensation, you need to prove that there has been negligence in road maintenance or there was a road defect. This can be difficult if you don’t know the laws regarding what is required. You also have to prove that you have been hurt or your vehicle has been damaged. This can mean compiling medical bills, insurance information, estimated damages to your car, and much more. Additionally, the responsible party is likely a local or state government, which will likely have aggressive attorneys on its side, trying to minimize your payout.
An experienced road defect lawyer will be able to go head to head with government lawyers to ensure you get the compensation you need. They will be able to investigate your accident and gather the necessary evidence, all while you relax and focus on recovering.
Why Choose Us?
Our experienced and understanding attorneys have been resolving personal injury cases like road defect accidents for years. We have the knowledge and experience it takes to ensure you receive the maximum possible compensation after your accident. Our law firm is nationally acclaimed and has served clients all over the state of California with personal injury claims. We have won millions for our clients in the past, and are ready to put our experience to work for you.
Cases We Handle
Federal and state laws require roads to be safe and free from defects in order to keep the public safe. If you have incurred car damages, medical bills, lost wages, or emotional distress from being involved in a car accident caused by road defects, you are entitled to compensation. Examples of road defects that cause accidents include:
- Potholes: If there are potholes in the roadway, it can be easy, especially on a rainy day, for your tire to hit one and damage your car. In more serious situations, potholes can also cause you to lose control of your vehicle and cause a rollover or worse.
- Confusing or missing signs: When there are many drivers on the road, it is important that all traffic signs are clear and unambiguous. If a sign is not clear, or if there isn’t a stop sign when there needs to be one, accidents can easily occur. It could cause very serious car accidents if two cars think they have the right of way.
- Improper lighting: When you are driving at night, streets are required to be well-lit for the safety of the drivers. If there is improper lighting, coupled with a pothole that drivers cannot see, this could cause damage to your car, possible back injuries if you hit it hard, or a serious accident if you lose control of your car. Improper lighting could also lead to a pedestrian or animal being hit.
- Uneven pavement: Uneven pavement on roads can cause a driver to veer off the road.
- Vision obstructions: If there are objects like trees or machinery blocking stop signs, stop lights, or any other traffic signs, this can be very dangerous, as it can have the same effect as the sign not being there to begin with.
Road defects caused by negligence or carelessness can cause a lot of damage to victims, almost all of which can be prevented by properly maintaining roadways. If you were involved in an accident due to these or other road defects, Amerio Law Firm can help you recover compensation.
If you have been injured due to poor road conditions, contact the experienced Sacramento car accident lawyers at Amerio Law Firm. Our attorneys are ready to evaluate your case and get you the compensation you deserve. Call the lawyers at (916) 419-1111 or chat with us online to learn about your rights and options.